Remote Learning at Christ Church
The information below aims to:
- Provide parents/carers with a clear understanding of the learning platform at Christ Church which will be used for remote learning: COVID-19 related illnesses and accessing weekly homework.
- Ensure consistency in our approach to remote learning for pupils who aren’t in school due to COVID-19.
- Set out clear expectations for all members of the school community with regards to remote learning.
- Provide appropriate guidelines for data protection.
Levels of remote learning
As a school, we are mindful that there will be different levels of remote learning required during the academic year. Some of these include (in no particular order):
1. A child or a small group of children test positive and are advised by the Government helpline to isolate.
2. A child has been on holiday and on return needs to quarantine (Government led).
3. A child has a sibling or family member in the household who has tested positive and therefore needs to isolate.
4. A member of staff tests positive for COVID-19 and the Government helpline advises that a child/group of children need to isolate.
5. A partial school closure due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases confirmed.
6. A Local Lockdown.
7. A National Lockdown.
The Christ Church Online Learning Platform
- We will be using Microsoft Teams for our online learning platform. Instructions for how to set up Microsoft Teams for your child can be found in Appendix 1 of this document. Please click here to access this.
- If you child cannot come into school due to COVID-19, you will be able to access your child’s remote learning via Microsoft Teams.
- The learning platform will also be used to set some of the weekly homework for the children. Homework will go out on a Friday and will need to be completed by the following Wednesday. See the Homework Policy for what homework your child can expect to receive.
- You will be given an individual email address for you child so that they can access their year group Microsoft Teams pages. You will be text this information next week.
- You will be given an individual password for your child’s email account which you will be asked to change when you first access Microsoft Teams. You will then be the only one who has this password and school will not be able to change this for you.