Pupil Voice - School Council
Christ Church School Council Aims 2016/17
- We will organise fund raising events for our school.
- We will talk to everyone in our school so that, together, we can make it the very best that it can be.
- We make links with our local community.
- We discuss the things that are happening in the World and think of ways that we can support people who are less fortunate then ourselves
Christ Church school council is made up from 2 members of each class from year 3 up to year 6. There are representatives for Reception and Key Stage 1 and they discuss matters with their peers. Each year we have a vote for our school councillors, a boy and a girl are elected by their class and whoever gets the most votes gives out a speech.
Meetings take place at least once each half term and we take notes of the issues discussed so that we can feedback into our school community.
As a school council we believe that we can work together to make our school the very best that it can possibly be. We spend a lot of time collecting pupil voice and help to mould and shape our learning.
The school councillors represent our school and show a lot of resilience and responsibility, as well as developing excellent relationships within the school community. If anyone in the class is having problems and need somebody their age to talk to, then the school councillors are always by their side.
So far this year your School Council have...
· Raised money for Children in Need through dressing up as ‘Pudsey’s Heroes’.
· Collected every class’s thoughts and ideas about how pupil voice is used and shared this with Mrs Pilmore.
· Made a really big list of all the ways we link with our Community at Christ Church
Gathered everyone’s opinions on writing and feedback in our books.
Helped to organise and host an Art Exhibition where our masterpieces were proudly displayed for our parents to buy
Effectively raised the profile of key areas in the curriculum
Raised money for Comic Relief!
Coming up we are planning to...
Raise money for Christian Aid week by carrying out an enterprise event
Link up with a school in another country to have Pen Pals and find out what schools are like on the other side of the world